Sunday 18 September 2016

Be Still - Free Printable

I moved into my college dorm room last week. My Mom dropped me off and we had a great last meal together and fit a grocery shop in. The whole experience was probably one of the most overwhelming moments of my summer. I was left heartbroken and crying in my room wondering why I ever decided to go to university. I kept telling myself that I should have taken a gap year. 

Sorrow may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. It only went up from there. 

I just finished my induction week which was nerve-wracking, exciting, and fun all at the same time. The course I'm studying is called Creative Expressive Therapies and even in the first few days it has been wonderful. We have done many workshops that all involve expressing how we are feeling. It was comforting to know that we are pretty much all in the same boat. On the first day we did a workshop where we had to use any medium (dance, art, drama) to express how we felt and then present it to the class. Everybody had elements of nervousness, excitement, stress, and happiness in their presentation. I loved that workshop, because it made me feel less alone, because the people around me were going through the same things I was going through. 

I made 3 friends. When I'm uncomfortable in my surroundings I get really shy and I'm not so good at making friends. But on the first day all the international students somehow found each other. We all clicked, because we all understand each other in ways that no one else can. It's weird for me though because they see me as an English student, but I would never classify myself as being from England. I'm still on the look out for other MKs. 

I keep having weird almost "identity crisis" moments. At Mountainview I had such an established identity and I was so confident, but I now I feel like I have to start again from scratch. It's weird and it's just something that takes time to adjust to. I'm not freaking out though, because I know my identity in Christ and everything else comes second and is totally out shined by the cross. 

Through this time of change and uncertainty the truth of this verse has been my anchor. I originally made this printable for Hunter for his birthday, but I'd like to share it with you guys. It's so powerful yet so simple and has definitely spoken to me these past few weeks.  

Download your printable here . The downloaded file is an A4 size and I wouldn't recommend printing it any bigger as the quality will go down. Also print it from the jpeg you will get when you click on the link because the image quality as shown below isn't very high. 
 Just a reminder to please respect me and my work. I am giving away this printable for free to bless you guys, so please don't use it for anything other than personal use. And please give me credit for the artwork. Just a simple mention of my blog can go a long way. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment