Tuesday 10 May 2016

Sparkle

One of the first conversations I ever had with Elysea was about smoke bombs. We both really wanted to use them in a photoshoot, but it is quite difficult to get them where we live. She got her hands on some sparklers though and so we shot with those instead. 
 
I am in my last full week of High School. Even these few days have been a rollercoaster of excitement, stress, adventure, and oh so many frustrations. 
I am leaving the place I have called my home for nine years. With this new change coming up my spirit gets more and more adventurous and daring. I have been trying new things and throwing myself in to making the most of my last few weeks. 
On Saturday my friend took me on a drive. I sat on the back of his motorcycle and we chased the rainclouds. We drove up to the mountains and got completely soaked, and then the sun came out to keep us warm. We passed rice fields and mountains with the sun casting a golden light on everything. 
The Lord is truly a glorious creator and his creation glorifies him. The mountains, the fields, the sun was singing his praises and I couldn't help but sing along. 
On Tuesday I spent the day packing everything in my room. When I told my friends I was packing the common reaction was to ask me if I was feeling emotional packing everything up. I love packing and reorganising, so I was honestly enjoying myself. I packed everything I own into a suitcase and two boxes. I am excited to have a new room and a new home and to decorate everything. 
I have suffered from insomnia on and off for eleven years and in the past month it has hit me really hard. Recently it is the worst it has ever been and I have tried everything to make it go away, but nothing works. I am the kind of person that does not do well with under eight hours of sleep, so I have been fighting to stay energised and to not be irritable. 
Psalm 73:21-26
When my heart was grieved

    and my spirit embittered,
 
I was senseless and ignorant;
    I was a brute beast before you.

Yet I am always with you;

    you hold me by my right hand.
 
You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
 
Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment